Tutorial for Print Replica: App
How to Log In
• Open the Honolulu Star-Advertiser App and tap on the menu found on the upper left and select Print Replica.
• Tap on an edition you wish to read and it will prompt you to enter your Star-Advertiser email address and password.
• You may check "Remember Me" if you wish to stay logged in.
How to Log Out
• Click on the Options icon , then select Account tab and click on Logout.
• On smaller devices, tap on the More icon (...) , tap menu on the upper left, select Account then Logout.
Reading the Article
• Clicking on an area of the page image displayed on the left side will load that content into the right side. If the device is on Portrait mode, page image is displayed on top and the content will be on the bottom.
Viewing Single Page
• Tap on the Browse mode found on the right navigation bar. By default it shows 2 pages.
• Tap on the Fit icon and it will view a single page.
• On smaller devices, the browse mode automatically shows a single page.
• Clicking on the article's page links shows the continuation page of the article as it is on the physical print.
• If the link is for an outside source, such as another website, it will open a new tab for the said link.
Changing Font Size
• When an article is loaded for viewing in the right side of the screen (or bottom side of screen when device is on portrait), pinch in or out to adjust font size.
Changing the Page
• Clicking the arrows on the right and left sides of the page image will change pages.
• You may also tap on the next section arrows to jump to the next or previous section.
• Alternatively, you may swipe right and left sides of the page image to change page.
Zooming my View
• On Browse mode , double click/tap on the page image will zoom in or out. Single click/tap will open the content in Index viewing mode.
• On Index viewing mode, you may use hand gestures such as pinching in or unpinch to zoom in or out.
Enable / Disable Push Notifications
• For iOs users, to enable/disable push notifications, go to your iPhone's / iPad's settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Honolulu Star-Advertiser, then select Notifications.
- Slide the Allow Notifications toggle to turn it On / Off.
• For Android users, to enable/disable push notifications from the app, open the Star-Advertiser App.
- On the upper left corner menu, select Settings.
- Tap Toggle on Push Notification to enable or disable.
Search Past Editions
• To access previous issues, click on the Editions icon at the menu panel and select from the recent editions listed.
Print / Email / Share an Article
• To share an article, the share icon will open a Sharing menu which allows you to select from several methods (Email, Print, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
Listen to an Article
• To listen to an article, while on Index viewing mode , click on an article you want to listen.
• On the top menu, click on the Listen Icon and it will start reading the selected article.
What is the Pages Mode for?
• From the Pages Mode you can see small images of all pages in the edition you are viewing. This is an easy way to quickly scan through the entire publication. Click on any page image to open it for viewing.
Downloading the Edition
• The editions you viewed are automatically downloaded to your device making it available for offline reading. By default, it will store the last 3 editions you've opened.
• To change the number of editions to download, go to Options and set the number to store.
Reading an article while offline
• To read while offline, make sure to close the app and re-open it while you are already offline / on airplane mode.
• There will be a prompt that will tell you that you have no connection, just tap "OK".
• Navigate to the Print Replica page and another window will tell you No internet is detected, close this window and tap on Editions.
• If you open the Current Issue's dropdown menu, you will see all the editions that are available for reading. Tap on the edition you wish to read and click "Load Selected Edition".